Tuesday, February 2, 2010

cards from my weekend away

I went away on a crafting weekend (see previous post) and these are some of the results of my playing (the word "working" was not allowed--we were "playing" the whole weekend!!) I have an upcoming workshop so I wanted to prepare some samples.

This is one of my favorites from the weekend. I inked up my Medallion stamp for the first time!! I used sketch #231 from Split Coast Stampers for my layout. I love the crushed curry/soft suede color combo from Stampin' Up's In Color series!! The distressed edges seem to work well with the speckled Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp. You know, I think that's probably my most used stamp. I just love the effect it gives!! The sentiment is from the Refuge and Hope set and is one of my favorite scripture passages.The silver embossed Medallion is another pretty use of this very versatile stamp. I cut it out on the right hand side. The inside has a matted area for writing that covers the ribbon that runs across the card. The "happiness always" sentiment comes from the Whimsical Words set that is part of the Sale-A-Bration promotion going on through the end of March. Contact me for more info on how you can earn this free set!!!!The following card was inspired by something I saw on SCS a while ago. If I remember correctly, the brown floral in the original used rub ons but I wanted to use the Vintage Vogue set (from the Occasions Mini Catalogue, which runs through the end of April) for the delicate border. I just LOVE bashful blue and chocolate chip together, don't you?? The corner rounder punch made that top corner a cinch. This was a super fast and easy layout!! Gotta love that!!Another super fast card to put together! It uses the Upsy Daisy set which is sooooo versatile!! Here I've just inked it with basic black. My Perfect Layers made the matting quick and .... perfectly layered!! LOL This is by far my most used and most favorite tool!!! If you like layering in your cards and scrapbooks as much as I do I would recommend this tool in a heartbeat!! The layout was inspired from Mojo Monday week #73. Visit this terrific site for loads of inspiration!! I really like the clean color combo of the kraft/black/white. There's beauty in simplicity! This little pouch was made with the Bloomin' Beautiful set. I can't remember where I saw the original that inspired me--probably SCS. I spend entirely too much time there!!! The flowers were water colored using Stampin' Up's blender pens and classic ink pads. The pouch is made of just three sides (front, back and bottom) adhered together at the top, so it can easily be modified to fit any need you may have. It was fun to put together and I will be experimenting with taller, shorter, wider and more narrow versions! What an easy way to gift some cookies or candies, small trinkets, or anything for that matter!! This may be what I use for one of my son's Valentine's Day treats for school. I'll be sure to post what I come up with!!





Thanks for stopping by!!

Daria

No comments:

Post a Comment