Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Punch Workshop



I did a workshop showing the various uses of punches for a super group of ladies!! Besides the punches we also used the Big Shot--just loooooove that little machine!!! This first card uses the new Two Step Bird Punch. That little bird is just darling! I punched him out using the Cottage Wall designer paper series and used the Little Leaves sizzlet die since I wanted a little more green than the leaves that come with the punch. The sentiment is from Refuge and Strength. We used the Texturez plate for the polka dot layer. A little ribbon and DONE!!!! Card stock is Whisper White and Old Olive--so crisp together!! A big thanks to a super stamper and blogger--Julie Buhler from Paper Pleasing Ideas for inspiring this card!!


This next little project features the Pillow Box die which is just adorable! It's stamped with the Bella Toile background stamp in Certainly Celery on Whisper White card stock. The punches work perfectly with the sentiment which is from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue and is a free set that you can get with any $50 Stampin' Up purchase!! How cool is that?!? Contact me for more info on Stampin' Up products and this special promotion!


This last card features circle punches used in a Dahlia fold technique. This was my first attempt at this technique and was so much fun!! For a tutorial on Dahlia folding look here. I like using the Cottage Wall designer series papers with this technique since both sides of the paper are visible. I used Baroque Motifs for the flourish and the free Whimsical Words set from the Sale-A-Bration catalogue! I think the Orchid Opulence, Old Olive and Whisper White work beautifully together, don't you??

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a terrific day!!!

Daria

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and project! I wish you good luck with your blog:)

    ReplyDelete